As part of our dental services, we provide dental implants. We can help you have more confidence by improving your appearance with implants. Dental implants are permanent and they provide an effective, secure and attractive way to fill in gaps in between teeth. This treatment option also helps preserve the existing teeth.
Who benefits from implants?
Implants are a good option if a person loses a tooth, or teeth. Dental implants are typically recommended in situations such as:
- You are wearing dentures that are not comfortable
- You are not satisfied with removable partial dentures
- You hide your smile due to missing teeth
- You are missing some teeth but want to keep other teeth intact
Implants can be used to replace just one tooth that is missing, or they can be used to replace several missing teeth. They can also be used for supporting a full set of dentures.
What are implants?
Implants are posts which are surgically placed into one or both jawbones, either upper or lower. The posts are placed surgically and then a prosthetic tooth is placed on each post. The implant is made out of titanium, which is a strong, but lightweight metal along with some other materials that are typically well-accepted by the body.
What are the benefits of implants?
There are numerous benefits from implant treatments, including:
- More comfortable than dentures for most people
- Implants can help keep the jawbone from drawing back or shrinking
- Implants last a lifetime if they are well cared for
- They fit securely and feel more natural than dentures
- Implants won’t shift in the mouth when you are eating or talking
Ask your dental professional about implants and if they are a viable option for you. Your dentist will help you decide if they are right for you and help you develop a treatment plan.